What makes the Keeneland Concours Special? The Keeneland Concours d’Elegance has established itself as a premier Concours by maintaining its high standard of excellence, for the quality of automobiles that are shown, the unique weekend events it hosts, and by the dedication and professionalism the Concours Committee and its many volunteers exhibit year after year.
Why be a Keeneland Concours Volunteer?
- Opportunity to help the Concours beneficiary: Kentucky Children’s Hospital
- Receive free admission to the Saturday Concours
- Opportunity to enjoy unique automobiles from museums and personal collections
- Unlimited photo opportunities
- Opportunity to meet other automotive enthusiasts from around the country
- Become a valued part of one of Lexington’s most prestigious events
- Receive a commemorative T-shirt
What are the Volunteer Qualifications?
There are many ways in which you may volunteer. Many activities require that you be able to work in the sun or
stand for a lengthy amount of time. Knowledge of automobiles is mandatory in some instances such as placement
of automobiles or parking; however, there are other opportunities such as selling tickets, working
in the silent auction, or being a host or hostess in the hospitality suite, that do not require this knowledge.
All volunteers must attend at least one of two meetings held during the month of July where volunteer packets,
t-shirts, complimentary tickets, and assignments are made. Meeting location is at the Keene Barn beginning at 6:00pm.
We hope you will consider becoming a Keeneland Concours d’Elegance Volunteer.
For more information: firstname.lastname@example.orgVolunteer Today
Volunteer Job Descriptions
Click on the job titles for descriptions.
- Lay out and set up Paddock parking area.
- Pounding stakes, placing and setting up barriers, banners, signs, flags, etc.
- Check-in volunteers, verify or collect signed waivers, distribute T-shirts, direct volunteers to designated work location.
- Provide volunteers with water & snacks throughout the day.
- Be available to help in other areas as needed.
- Direct car club vehicles, specialty cars and cars of interest in a slow and safe manner from entrance gates to designated Paddock parking areas and specific parking spots based on make, model and/or group.
- (MUST know makes and models of cars to direct them to proper area)
- Direct Paddock vehicles in a slow and safe manner to appropriate exit route throughout the day.
- Line up and park judged cars in their assigned class.
- Pound stakes and place class signs, banners and flags.
- Place signs in front of each entry identifying class, vehicle, description and owner.
- Assigned to a judged class.
- Assist car owners and judges as needed throughout the day.
- Stay with the cars while the owners are at lunch.
- Greet spectators’ incoming cars at entrances
- Collect CASH or CREDIT CARD entry fees from all attendees.
- Direct spectators to parking.
- Work with and assist auction coordinator to monitor silent auction of merchandise inside.
- Sell programs from assigned station, tent, entry point or parking lot.
- Collect and account for cash sales.
- Administer challenge tent, promote donations, collect and account for donated funds throughout the day.
- Set-up and maintain the Sponsor / Guest food service area in a sanitary and appealing condition at all times.
- Creating a positive, pleasant and memorable experience for Sponsors and Guests is a must!
- Shut-down and clean-up hospitality area.
- Lifting and carrying food and food service items required.
- Carry and place all awards and trophies to designated area.
- Assist in distribution of appropriate awards to judges.
- Direct incoming traffic in a slow and safe manner to designated parking areas and specific parking spots.
- Direct outgoing traffic in a slow and safe manner to designated EXITS.
- Man the WILL CALL ticket booth.
- Provide tickets to pre-paid spectators or collect fees as needed.
- Keep all grounds, Entertainment & Vendor areas clean and free from debris or trash continuously throughout the day.
- Assemble, place and monitor trash boxes around the grounds
- Remove and replace trash bags from boxes when ¾ full.
- Range designated area to remove trash and assist guests with any issues.
- Take down, remove, fold up and stack tables, chairs.
- Remove stakes, barriers, tents, banners, signs, flags, etc.
- Remove, stack and box signs.
- Replace barriers and benches.
- Clean up and remove all trash.
- Police grounds and ensure all facilities are returned to original condition.
- Promote and sell Raffle Tickets for a chance to win the 2018 Porsche Boxster raffle car from assigned station, tent or booth.
- Collect and account for cash sales.
- Answer questions and provide information to spectators, exhibitors, volunteers, etc. on all concours topics including schedules, events, locations, directions, facilities, services, from assigned station, tent or booth.